Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Treasure hunting

Hubs and I went treasure hunting today. We hit our favorite spots but found NADA! I couldn't believe it. Hubs thought it was fantastic. I didn't. His reason for being happy was that we didn't need to store any more junk. My reason for being disappointed was that we wouldn't have any treasures to sell. My Mom (who has a garage FULL of "treaures" from her antique dealer days) called and said she has a vintage 40's chandelier that she wants me to sell. Whooppeee! TREASURE!!

I never, ever thought I'd be a thrift-store, garage-sale kind of gal, but I swear, it's addicting. This fall, I made about $1200 on eBay just getting rid of stuff from around the house and "junk" I've found at TS and GS. I was pretty much able to buy all of the kids fall & winter things without dipping into our bank account. Two weeks ago, I found some treasures at a TS, spent $30 and ended up selling these trinkets for almost $900!!! Whoowhooo! I really thought this Christmas was going to be tight, but man, God really provides when we need it! I am always so suprised at his provision. I shouldn't be, but I am. (Did I mention the $.25 cookie cutter I found at a garage sale that I sold for $71??) Ah....God is good!

No comments: