Friday, December 5, 2008

A smushed Christmas tree

Last night, Hubs made the trek to the basement to pull out our fake Christmas tree. I normally despise fake trees, but because of our woodstove, live trees shrivel up and turn orange in a matter of days in here, so we are FORCED to put up with fakeness. Anywho, he hauled the giant behemoth out and set it up last night. We recently re-arranged our couch and over-stuffed chair to give us more room in the living room for the kids to romp, so getting the tree in just the right spot was a bit tricky. It now sits smushed up against the wall, behind the chair, right near the entry way, and sort of bottle-necks the whole area. But...it's the best area for our current arrangement of furniture, so we'll have to live with it. I'm going to attempt the lights this evening after the kids go to bed, then we'll decorate in the morning.

Tonight is the Christmas parade and I'm considering taking the 3 kiddos by myself, since Hubs will be working. Yikes! Wish me luck!! Thankfully, I put dinner in the crockpot so that's taken care of.

I need to figure out how to make my blog more attractive. It's rather boring, but I don't want to pay to have someone re-do it. At least not yet. I'm going to look around and see if I can figure something out.

No comments: